Save Money On College Tuition With PSEO Programs

Written by: Kerin Hanson

Thursday, May 12, 2016

start-college-with-PSEO.png

Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) is a program that allows High School students to take college-level courses and recieve college credits while still in High School. This amazing program is open to any Minnesota State High School student who is in 10th - 12th grade. Some of you out there may already know about this, but you may not have found out just what it can do for you.  Now is the time to find out how you can kickstart your Christian education and save money on college tuition.

Free Credits!

The super cool part of this program is that it allows students to earn college credit for FREE!!!!  You get your books and tuition at no cost to you as a student.  There are many colleges and universities that have this program available and we at Oak Hills offer this for current High School students to take both online or in person on our campus.

My Story

I want to tell you about the difference it made for me. As a junior in high school I joined the program at a local college and loved it!  Not only did I meet some great people but it gave me a head start on what to expect in college.  I was so prepared when I went away for college that it was a much easier transition for me.  Staying in school and doing well was no longer a fear for me. The only thing I really had to get used to when I left was living on my own. Of course christian college student life at Oak Hills made that part easy too.

Huge Savings!

I know some high school students who left High School having already earned their Associate Degrees. Coming close myself, I was able to graduate a year and a half early, with 52 college credits (14 credits shy of an Associate degree) already accumulated! Not only did I save a bunch of time, but I also saved myself a lot of money in loans too. Looking back at what my tuition, room and board, and other fees would have cost me without PSEO, I discovered that I saved about $20,000! Couple that front end savings with lots of christian financial aid resources available to you once you start at Oak Hills and you can leave your higher education experience with much less student debt. 

So the message for you today, is to check it out!  Talk to your high school counselor.  See if the program is right for you as a student.  If this sounds awesome to you, feel free to apply for it and start your college journey today!  

I know this is a lot of information but you can always talk me, Kerin Hanson, the OHCC PSEO coordinator. Reach me by e-mail (kerinhanson@oakhills.edu), by phone (218-751-8670) or by text (218-689-2611).

Let's talk soon!

Back to Real Learning

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts