Mondays With Mookie | Sept. 19th

Written by: Michael Rasch

Monday, September 19, 2016
Michael Rasch VP of Enrollment Providing his story of how he came to Oak Hills.

mike_rasch.pngOkay, I was asked by our marketing department to write a blog. Oh, yea, a blog, at 64 years old I really understand what a blog is? I am a team player so I said I can do that. Really, how hard can writing something be? Harder than you think!!

So here goes, my first blog.

Life was good! I had a great job, making good money, home life was great, grand kids doing well and family doing good. Boom! The phone call came from my employer that because of restructure I am no longer going to have a position with the company. Funny! Why are you really calling? You no longer have a position with the company. Okay, I get it now, you don't have to repeat yourself!

So, 60 years old, no job, a mortgage to pay and bills to pay and I haven't even told my wife yet. Man, I felt sick in the stomach, you know, like you have the flu or food poisoning! You get the picture.

As I look back on this, I totally saw that God was pretty much a second part of my life. Oh, don't get me wrong, I was a believer at the time, I just put God second, because life was so good. I can tell you from experience, that when God wants to get your attention, HE WILL!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." We tend to memorize that part. However, we tend to forget about verse 12-13 which says, "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." "You will see me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord . "I will bring you back from captivity."

We need to put God first in our lives, and then he will listen to us, not the other way around!

God Bless!
Mike (Mookie)

Back to Real Faith

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts